2011年12月25日星期日

The Chinese Literary Culture Related to the Character “酒”(wine)








Just because wine has a very long history, because it is close to people’s daily life and because it is regarded as a kind of entertainment, there are quite a lot of saying or tales or anecdotes related to it.

1)Enjoy while one can. (今朝有酒今朝醉)
2)Many kiss the baby for the nurse’s sake.(醉翁之意不在酒)
3)Guan Gong beheaded Hua Xiong while heating liquor.(关公温酒斩华雄)
4)Cao Cao was cooking a liquor commenting on heroes.(曹操煮酒论英雄)
5)Drunken Beauty of the highest ranking in the imperial cuts in right in front of Bawang.(贵妃醉酒别霸王)
6)Wu Song was fighting a tiger while he was drunk.(武松醉酒打老虎)
7)The sun has not set, yet I feel I must drink and sing. (白日放歌须纵酒)
8)One can’t be drunk if he ‘s not in the mood.(酒不醉人人自醉)
9)Wine can make sorrow more sorrowful.(酒入愁肠愁更愁)
10)            Raising my cup I invited the bright moon, with shadow and me, there appeared us three.(举杯邀明月,对影成三人)
11)            Sing with the wine while we can, for life is short.(对酒当歌,人生几何)
12)            A  pot of wine among the flowers, I drank along.Or Amidst the flowers a jug of wine, I pour alone lacking companionship.)(花间一壶酒,独酌无相亲)
13)            Behind the red doors wine and meat stink, but on the roads lie men frozen to death.(朱门酒肉臭,路有冻死骨)
14)            I advise you for one cup of wine more, for westward outside Yang Pass you’ll have no friend more.(劝君更尽一杯酒,西出阳关无故人)
15)            Cut running water with a sword, it will faster flow, drink wine to drown your sorrow, it will heavier grow.(抽刀断水水更流,举杯消愁愁更愁)
16)            If the friends and relatives in Luoyang ask about me, tell them my icy heart is as the wine in the jade pot. (洛阳亲友如相问,一片冰心在玉壶)

If you want to know more Chinese Culture, please check http://www.no-1chineselearning.com

没有评论:

发表评论